- Diagnostic Différentiel
- Essayez d'établir votre recherche sur un attribut à la fois, et soyez aussi spécifique que possible! Exemple : "toux chronique".
- Ne pas entrer les résultats multiples tels que "anémie, toux chronique, perte de poids, vomissant" tous en même temps.
- Après sélection de votre attribut, une liste de diagnostics possibles sera générée. Si la liste est trop longue, vous pourrez la réduire en écrivant des attribut additionnels.
- Ne pas écrire les valeurs telles que le "rythme cardiaque 110" ou le "sodium 125", mais plutôt "tachycardie" ou "hyponatrémie".
Drug Information for reglan tablets (metoclopramide tablets, USP) (Alaven Pharmaceutical LLC): Medication Guide
- WARNING: TARDIVE DYSKINESIA
- CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- Medication Guide
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 10 mg Bottle
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 5 mg Bottle
- Liens externes liés à reglan tablets (metoclopramide tablets, USP) (Alaven Pharmaceutical LLC)
REGLAN (REG-lan) Tablets(metoclopramide tablets)
Read the Medication Guide that comes with REGLAN before you start taking it and each time you get a refill. There may be new information. If you take another product that contains metoclopramide (such as REGLAN injection, REGLAN ODT, or metoclopramide oral syrup), you should read the Medication Guide that comes with that product. Some of the information may be different. This Medication Guide does not take the place of talking with your doctor about your medical condition or your treatment.
What is the most important information I should know about REGLAN?
REGLAN can cause serious side effects, including:
Abnormal muscle movements called tardive dyskinesia (TD). These movements happen mostly in the face muscles. You can not control these movements. They may not go away even after stopping REGLAN. There is no treatment for TD, but symptoms may lessen or go away over time after you stop taking REGLAN.
Your chances for getting TD go up:
- the longer you take REGLAN and the more REGLAN you take. You should not take REGLAN for more than 12 weeks.
- if you are older, especially if you are a woman
- if you have diabetes
It is not possible for your doctor to know if you will get TD if you take REGLAN.
Call your doctor right away if you get movements you can not stop or control, such as:
- lip smacking, chewing, or puckering up your mouth
- frowning or scowling
- sticking out your tongue
- blinking and moving your eyes
- shaking of your arms and legs
See the section "What are the possible side effects of REGLAN?" for more information about side effects.
What is REGLAN?
REGLAN is a prescription medicine used:
- in adults for 4 to 12 weeks to relieve heartburn symptoms with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) when certain other treatments do not work. REGLAN relieves daytime heartburn and heartburn after meals. It also helps ulcers in the esophagus to heal.
- to relieve symptoms of slow stomach emptying in people with diabetes. REGLAN helps treat symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, heartburn, feeling full long after a meal, and loss of appetite. Not all these symptoms get better at the same time.
It is not known if REGLAN is safe and works in children.
Who should not take REGLAN?
Do not take REGLAN if you:
- have stomach or intestine problems that could get worse with REGLAN, such as bleeding, blockage or a tear in the stomach or bowel wall
- have an adrenal gland tumor called a pheochromocytoma
- are allergic to REGLAN or anything in it. See the end of this Medication Guide for a list of ingredients in REGLAN.
- take medicines that can cause uncontrolled movements, such as medicines for mental illness
- have seizures
What should I tell my doctor before taking REGLAN?
Tell your doctor about all your medical conditions, including if you have:
- Parkinson's disease
- high blood pressure
- kidney problems. Your doctor may start with a lower dose.
- liver problems or heart failure. REGLAN may cause your body to hold fluids.
- diabetes. Your dose of insulin may need to be changed.
- breast cancer
- you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if REGLAN will harm your unborn baby.
- you are breast-feeding. REGLAN can pass into breast milk and may harm your baby. Talk with your doctor about the best way to feed your baby if you take REGLAN.
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. REGLAN and some other medicines may interact with each other and may not work as well, or cause possible side effects. Do not start any new medicines while taking REGLAN until you talk with your doctor.
Especially tell your doctor if you take:
- another medicine that contains metoclopramide, such as REGLAN ODT, or metoclopramide oral syrup
- a blood pressure medicine
- a medicine for depression, especially an Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitor (MAOI)
- a medicine that can make you sleepy, such as anti-anxiety medicine, sleep medicines, and narcotics.
If you are not sure if your medicine is one listed above, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Know the medicines you take. Keep a list of them and show it to your doctor and pharmacist when you get a new medicine.
How should I take REGLAN?
- REGLAN comes as a tablet you take by mouth.
- Take REGLAN exactly as your doctor tells you. Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you.
- You should not take REGLAN for more than 12 weeks.
- If you take too much REGLAN, call your doctor or Poison Control Center right away.
What should I avoid while taking REGLAN?
- Do not drink alcohol while taking REGLAN. Alcohol may make some side effects of REGLAN worse, such as feeling sleepy.
- Do not drive, work with machines, or do dangerous tasks until you know how REGLAN affects you. REGLAN may cause sleepiness.
What are the possible side effects of REGLAN?
Reglan can cause serious side effects, including:
- Abnormal muscle movements. See "What is the most important information I need to know about REGLAN?"
- Uncontrolled spasms of your face and neck muscles, or muscles of your body, arms, and legs (dystonia). These muscle spasms can cause abnormal movements and body positions. These spasms usually start within the first 2 days of treatment. These spasms happen more often in children and adults under age 30.
- Depression, thoughts about suicide, and suicide. Some people who take REGLAN become depressed. You may have thoughts about hurting or killing yourself. Some people who take Reglan have ended their own lives (suicide).
- Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (NMS). NMS is a very rare but very serious condition that can happen with Reglan. NMS can cause death and must be treated in a hospital. Symptoms of NMS include: high fever, stiff muscles, problems thinking, very fast or uneven heartbeat, and increased sweating.
- Parkinsonism. Symptoms include slight shaking, body stiffness, trouble moving or keeping your balance. If you already have Parkinson's disease, your symptoms may become worse while you are receiving REGLAN.
Call your doctor and get medical help right away if you:
- feel depressed or have thoughts about hurting or killing yourself
- have high fever, stiff muscles, problems thinking, very fast or uneven heartbeat, and increased sweating
- have muscle movements you cannot stop or control
- have muscle movements that are new or unusual
Common side effects of Reglan include:
- feeling restless, sleepy, tired, dizzy, or exhausted
- trouble sleeping
You may have more side effects the longer you take REGLAN and the more REGLAN you take. You may still have side effects after stopping REGLAN. You may have symptoms from stopping (withdrawal) REGLAN such as headaches, and feeling dizzy or nervous.
Tell your doctor about any side effects that bother you or do not go away. These are not all the possible side effects of REGLAN.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
How should I store REGLAN?
- Keep REGLAN at room temperature between 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C).
- Keep REGLAN in the bottle it comes in. Keep the bottle closed tightly.
Keep REGLAN and all medicines out of the reach of children.
General information about REGLAN
Medicines are sometimes prescribed for purposes other than those listed in a Medication Guide. Do not use REGLAN for a condition for which it was not prescribed. Do not give REGLAN to other people, even if they have the same symptoms that you have. It may harm them.
This Medication Guide summarizes the most important information about REGLAN. If you would like more information, talk with your doctor. You can ask your doctor or pharmacist for information about REGLAN that is written for health professionals. For more information, go to www.alavenpharm.com or call 1-888-317-0001.
What are the ingredients in REGLAN?
Active ingredient: metoclopramide
- REGLAN 10 mg tablets: magnesium stearate, mannitol, microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid
- REGLAN 5 mg tablets: corn starch, D&C yellow 10 aluminum lake, FD&C blue 1 aluminum lake, lactose, microcrystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide, stearic acid
Manufactured for:ALAVEN®PHARMACEUTICAL LLCMarietta, GA 30062
For Medical Inquiries, call toll-free 1-888-317-0001www.alavenpharm.com
Rev. 07/2009PCS 93606-151-10-16-1009
Revised July 2009
This Medication Guide has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).