- Diagnostic Différentiel
- Essayez d'établir votre recherche sur un attribut à la fois, et soyez aussi spécifique que possible! Exemple : "toux chronique".
- Ne pas entrer les résultats multiples tels que "anémie, toux chronique, perte de poids, vomissant" tous en même temps.
- Après sélection de votre attribut, une liste de diagnostics possibles sera générée. Si la liste est trop longue, vous pourrez la réduire en écrivant des attribut additionnels.
- Ne pas écrire les valeurs telles que le "rythme cardiaque 110" ou le "sodium 125", mais plutôt "tachycardie" ou "hyponatrémie".
Drug Information for CIPRO XR (ciprofloxacin* extended-release tablets) (Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals Inc.): DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- INDICATIONS AND USAGE
- ADVERSE REACTIONS
- DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
- HOW SUPPLIED
- ANIMAL PHARMACOLOGY
- CLINICAL STUDIES
- MEDICATION GUIDE
- Diseases/Conditions Related to CIPRO XR (ciprofloxacin* extended-release tablets) (Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals Inc.)
- Liens externes liés à CIPRO XR (ciprofloxacin* extended-release tablets) (Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals Inc.)
CIPRO XR and ciprofloxacin immediate-release tablets are not interchangeable. Cipro XR should be administered orally once daily as described in the following Dosage Guidelines table:
DOSAGE GUIDELINES Indication Unit Dose Frequency Usual Duration Uncomplicated Urinary Tract Infection 500 mg Q24h 3 Days (Acute Cystitis) Complicated Urinary Tract Infection 1000 mg Q24h 7-14 Days Acute Uncomplicated Pyelonephritis 1000 mg Q24h 7-14 Days
Patients whose therapy is started with CIPRO I.V. for urinary tract infections may be switched to CIPRO XR when clinically indicated at the discretion of the physician.
CIPRO XR should be administered at least 2 hours before or 6 hours after antacids containing magnesium or aluminum, as well as sucralfate, VIDEX® (didanosine) chewable/buffered tablets or pediatric powder, other highly buffered drugs, metal cations such as iron, and multivitamin preparations with zinc. Although CIPRO XR may be taken with meals that include milk, concomitant administration with dairy products alone, or with calcium-fortified products should be avoided, since decreased absorption is possible. A 2-hour window between substantial calcium intake (> 800 mg) and dosing with CIPRO XR is recommended. CIPRO XR should be swallowed whole. DO NOT SPLIT, CRUSH, OR CHEW THE TABLET. (See CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY, Drug-drug Interactions,PRECAUTIONS, Drug Interactions and Information for Patients.)
Impaired Renal Function:
Ciprofloxacin is eliminated primarily by renal excretion; however, the drug is also metabolized and partially cleared through the biliary system of the liver and through the intestine. These alternate pathways of drug elimination appear to compensate for the reduced renal excretion in patients with renal impairment. No dosage adjustment is required for patients with uncomplicated urinary tract infections receiving 500 mg CIPRO XR. In patients with complicated urinary tract infections and acute uncomplicated pyelonephritis, who have a creatinine clearance of < 30 mL/min, the dose of CIPRO XR should be reduced from 1000 mg to 500 mg daily. For patients on hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis, administer CIPRO XR after the dialysis procedure is completed. (SeeCLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY, Special Populations and PRECAUTIONS, Geriatric Use.)
Impaired Hepatic Function:
No dosage adjustment is required with CIPRO XR in patients with stable chronic cirrhosis. The kinetics of ciprofloxacin in patients with acute hepatic insufficiency, however, have not been fully elucidated. (See CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY, Special Populations.)
- Drug Information Provided by National Library of Medicine (NLM).